POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MP 0.6-Parser is bored?? : Re: MP 0.6-Parser is bored?? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MP 0.6-Parser is bored??
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 20 Dec 2000 04:54:59
Message: <r2014ts56r986nkrhq1la1pv5dfmkg95t0@4ax.com>
On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:57:46 -0800, "ian mcdonald" <ian### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>Now why, pray tell, would a parser be bored??
>It tells me my function is too long.
>
>Is there any logical reason for this?
>
>I happen to like long functions.
>I encountered this error in an isosurface function that has 27 positions for
>3 variables per segment. I am trying to exaust all combinations.

I had this problem when trying to develop an Isosurface for a brick wall.  Then
when I looked at my big function to try to figure out a way to make it work I
found I couldn't understand it!  Eventually I realised how I could split it up
into quite small functions and this made the code much more understandable.
dav### [at] hamiltonitecom
http://hamiltonite.com/