POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : In Xanadu : Re: In Xanadu Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In Xanadu
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Oct 2008 17:19:26
Message: <qte4g4hnvcp60eces2if0t582vkslg5bpn@4ax.com>
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:54:17 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>Yes, they do indeed. My first, really classic idea was to give the figure an
>eagle or other hunting bird. However, as I did not have one, I thought about
>the photograph I had seen somewhere of a man with a hyena on a leash, and
>that pointed to the Komodo dragon immediately.

I think that I posted (on OT) that earlier in the year I saw a young woman
taking her pet Iguana for a walk in London. It was on a lead but had a harness
round its fore legs not its neck. On a more practical note when I was working at
Taronga zoo I watched the keepers move their dragon (called Tuka) out of his pen
so that they could clean the pen. It did not look an easy job but Tuka did not
seem too aggressive only annoyed that he was being moved. I don't think that
they would even notice a lead.

Your image is great but I can't see the damsel with a dulcimer ;)
As Janet said: "Clothify the palm trees ?!?!! LOL"
Nice one Steve :)
--

Regards
     Stephen