POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fat lady takes the stage... : Re: The fat lady takes the stage... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The fat lady takes the stage...
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Mar 2008 12:03:29
Message: <qs7qu3d5663911g55u7fc37566l1brlhv7@4ax.com>
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:17:18 +0200, "Gail Shaw"
<initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:

>The move's not for money. I'm tired of the same grind every day. Same
>systems, same problems, different day.

I know what you mean. After 16 years working offshore even the
helicopter ride became a chore. But the money is an added bounus? :)

>It's also not a whim of the moment decision. My initial discussions with
>Xpertease was almost a year ago
>
>My boss knows me well enough to know that money doesn't motivate me. He
>probably won't try.
>What he did try was to tempt me into staying by telling me the roadmap for
>the IT dept. It was interesting, but not interesting enough.

Ah! Well, he did his best. I suppose it is nice to be appreciated.

>The head of IT might, when he gets the formal letter, but then the head of
>IT doesn't know me from a bar of soap.

LOL I've not heard that form of the expression. Here it is "He
wouldn't know me from Adam" or maybe "Eve". I don't know about using
Eve it doesn't sound right.
"A bar of soap" Google-ing it brings up a lot of Australian sites.
Hmm! :)

--

Regards
     Stephen