POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Blurred transparency demo - blurTransTest.jpg (1/1) : Re: Blurred transparency demo - blurTransTest.jpg (1/1) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred transparency demo - blurTransTest.jpg (1/1)
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 28 Jan 2000 03:43:23
Message: <qqmya9aio2c.fsf@schlatt.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron Parker) writes:

> Ideally, we wouldn't need special code for blurred reflections or for
> blurred transmission.  What I'd like to do is implement ray differential
> tracing (http://www-graphics.stanford.edu/papers/trd/) and make it possible
> to set a flag on _any_ texture that causes it to automatically average
> a specified number of samples for ray footprints over a specified size.

Cool. I came across this paper last week and thought that it would be
a nice feature for POV-Ray. However, I've decided that I have not enough
time and that I am still not experienced enough with the source code.
If you're the one who tries to include it, it will probably be a success. :-)

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)