POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Free all NULL pointers now form MegaPov0.4. : Re: Free all NULL pointers now form MegaPov0.4. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free all NULL pointers now form MegaPov0.4.
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 31 Jan 2000 05:22:51
Message: <qqmya96czgj.fsf@schlatt.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Nieminen Juha <war### [at] punarastascstutfi> writes:

>   Wouldn't it be a good idea to run the program through a utility which
> checks memory usage validity etc? It may catch several bugs.
>   I think there's a utility called purify, but I think it works only with
> C++. I also think that it's commercial and costs a lot.

It works fine with C code too. I have used it once with the megapatch and
got several dozens of errors "uninitialized memory read". Since Nathan
replied that it doesn't matter since the value isn't used anyway, I was
discouraged to search for other errors.

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)