POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: POV-Ray memory bugs. : Re: POV-Ray memory bugs. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray memory bugs.
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 25 Aug 1998 04:11:22
Message: <qqmww7x4jtx.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Nathan Kopp <nk8### [at] ltuedu> writes:

> I heard that this was a only problem with the Windows version... are there
> any UNIX (or other) people out there who can confirm/deny this rumor?
>
> -Nathan

Perhaps you know the tool "purify". It checks the usage of memory and finds
almost every error. I've just used it with POV-Ray to render a scene that
uses more than 60 MB on a Sun Enterprise. There wasn't any memory leak - not
a single byte. The scene contains spheres, cylinders, bezier patches and a
plane. At least these features seem to work perfectly.

However, you may want to send me a scene that causes problems on a Windows
machine, and I will check it.

Thomas

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm