POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Soliciting feedback : Re: Soliciting feedback Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soliciting feedback
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 24 Nov 1999 07:48:32
Message: <qqmpux0dpi8.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Hello Mark,

here are my wishes:

Mark Gordon <mtg### [at] mailbagcom> writes:

> - ./configure; make; make install (possible for 3.5)

would be great. Particularly, if it makes it easy to use the installed
png and z lib.

> - better support for POV-Ray through existing widely-used editors
> (possible for 4.0)

If (when) good packages exist for editors, it would be nice to include them
in the official distribution.

The same is true for macro and include files. Lense flares, trees and the
like should be part of the official distribution. My guess is that their
authors would be glad to contribute their work in most cases.

A thing that I would really like to see is a CVS server with the current
development state.

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (including pgp key)