POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : QUESTION: MegaPOV Code Questions/Problems (LONG) : Re: QUESTION: MegaPOV Code Questions/Problems (LONG) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: MegaPOV Code Questions/Problems (LONG)
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 6 Mar 2000 03:24:02
Message: <qqmn1ocld5p.fsf@schlatt.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Robert Alan Byer <bye### [at] mailourserversnet> writes:

> In "TOKENIZE.C" there is the following section of code...
>
> /***************************************************************************
> * Not-quite-so-Static functions
> ****************************************************************************/
[...]
> Now, the problem is that when it comes to the actual functions, they are
> still defined as "static".
>
> So the function prototype can be either "static" or not but the function
> it's self is "static"?
>
> (That is, if I'm reading all this correct).
>
> Now, my compiler will still compile it, but with warnings.

From my limited knowledge of the code I can say that they can be static.
More precisely, I have compiled the megapatch for Sun Solaris and I've
had the same warnings. So, I've changed the not-quite-so-static
functions to static functions and it worked fine for me.
Despite this fact I would like to know too, why they are considered
not-quite-so-static.

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)