POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: Why media clouds are black in the distance... : Re: Why media clouds are black in the distance... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why media clouds are black in the distance...
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 7 Dec 1999 07:29:41
Message: <qqmk8mrrl1m.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
"Jerome M. BERGER" <jbe### [at] enstfr> writes:

> Bjoern Jaeger wrote:
> >
> > Yep, a parameter like samples_per_Pov_unit would be a great help. Then
> > you wouldn't always have to use worst-case-settings. Maybe it could
> > speed many scenes up.
> >
> 	Well, I've gone ahead and added it :) Now the question is: how do I
> distribute it? It's my first patch, so I have no idea what's the best
> way to do it...

In my opinion, you should try to get it into the superpatch. This way,
people will be able to use it along with other patches. (Probably, most
users who would use a patched version of POV-Ray want to use other
modifications, too.)

As far as I know, Ron prefers the modified source code. He can then use
diff3 to include it.

On the other hand, I suspect that when you add your code to the superpatch
yourself he will accept this, too.

I hope this helps
Thomas

--