POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in photon patch (megasrc3) : Bug in photon patch (megasrc3) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in photon patch (megasrc3)
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 12 Jan 2000 08:39:29
Message: <qqmhfgj5rzi.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Hello,

inspired by the article of Eric Freeman I've run his scene through megapov
using purify. It reveiled that there is "uninitiaized memory read". More
precisely, in the function BacktraceRefract in lighting.c only the
rgb values of lc are initialized. The transmit value is however used
in Determine_Apparent_Colour when

  Colour[TRANSM] *= C1[TRANSM];

is calculated. I don't know much about how all this stuff works, so I
leave it so someone else to fix this.

Furthermore, I didn't care about other errors that were reported, because
this one flooded the screen with error messages. I also don't know whether
a fix of this problem also solves Eric's problem.

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)