POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling DOS POV v3 with Djgpp : Re: Compiling DOS POV v3 with Djgpp Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling DOS POV v3 with Djgpp
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 16 Jun 1998 08:55:06
Message: <qqmg1h5ecb9.fsf@goldach.informatik.uni-konstanz.de>
"Trystin" <dar### [at] junocom> writes:

> I lately downloaded djgpp after reading a book on C++ programming and
> then I downloaded the POV source code. I'm kind of uneasy using djgpp
> trying to compile such a big program (least I think it's big) as my
> first project. Is it worth-my-while? I'd just like to mess with the code
> to see what I'm capable of. Is it easy to create my own shapes using the
> existing functions?

Please do not post HTML code to newsgroups!

IMO it is a nice thing to modify the source code of povray for
your own modifications. AFAIK djgpp is a port of gcc to DOS. Since
povray compiles fine with gcc you will probably manage to compile
it with djgpp. You will more likely have trouble with the makefile
than with the compiler.
Besides from this note that povray is written in plain C, and not
in C++. But it is well written and (more or less) commented.

ThW

--
Tho### [at] uni-konstanzde
http://www.informatik.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm/