POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity troubles in POV. : Re: Radiosity troubles in POV. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity troubles in POV.
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 6 Aug 1998 04:07:09
Message: <qqmemuu8u76.fsf@horn.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Chris Maryan <cma### [at] geocitiescom> writes:

> I have recently been experimenting with radiosity in POVRay but have had
> no success. I am using Moray to control the radiosity settings in a
> simple courtyard scene I created to test (based on this image:
> http://www.lightscape.com/Contest98/az_honor.jpg, but just a bare bones
> version). My problem is that the radiosity rendering is no different
> from the raytraced rendering (yes I set POV to radiosity mode). That is,
> it does not change any of the areas not lit by direct light, just one
> big ambient colour mess, I can't make out any details in it, just what
> would happen if I rendered without radiosity. So what am I doing wrong
> (Other test renderings of other scenes have similar results)? HELP!!!

I rendered my first scene that uses radiosity yesterday. So, I'm also
quite new to it. However, you didn't mention that you have set
distance_maximum. According to the docs this is essential.
A description of this parameter is found in section 7.8.9.2.3.

I hope this helps

--
Tho### [at] uni-konstanzde
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm/