POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurfaces and CSG intersection problem. : Re: Isosurfaces and CSG intersection problem. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurfaces and CSG intersection problem.
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 19 Jan 2000 06:45:53
Message: <qqmembep9n3.fsf@ramsen.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Bouf <Chr### [at] nanterremarellifr> writes:

> Please help !!!
>
> I can't get this working:
> the intersection between an isosurface (a sphere for testing purposes)
> and a union of complex CSG. The only result I can get is the
> intersection of the surfaces, not the solid objects...
>
> I use this code:
[...]

It seems like there is a problem with scaling isosurfaces. Your scene
produces the same result with a sphere and a isosurface, if you modify
the isosurface like this:

	isosurface {
		function { sqrt(x*x/36+y*y/9+z*z/9) -1 }
		threshold 0
		bounded_by { sphere { 0, 6.1 } }
		max_trace 10
		translate <-2,0,2>
		texture { T_Text }
	}

Maybe, I'll have a look at the source code later. For now, this work
around should work for you.

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)