POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : mixing POV code with C++ : Re: POV source errors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV source errors
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 15 Feb 1999 04:24:02
Message: <qqmbtiw6mvh.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
"Nigel Stewart" <nig### [at] eisanetauNOSPAM> writes:
[...]
> Has anyone run POV through Purify, or Bounds Checker?

Yes. I've made some tests with purify on Sun Solaris. There weren't any
errors reported. In my opinion, this is an amazing quality for software.
Of course, I could only test a small subset of the POV-Ray features.

By the way, I have found some problems with the isosurface patch. One has
been fixed by Suzuki Ryoichi. Unfortunately, some other errors appear only in
very large scenes (i.e. hundreds of parametric surfaces).

Thomas

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm