POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-) : Re: PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray or RealLife(TM) ? ;-)
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 5 May 1999 11:38:33
Message: <qqm90b360pi.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Michael Andrews <M.C### [at] remove-thisreadingacuk> writes:

> Hi Folks, me again.
> 	Those of you who think this is a photo, raise your hand. Come on now,
> let's get a count. Mmm hmm. Right, you can put them down now. And the
> people out there who know a fake Awesome Rolex (a faked fake :-) when
> they see one? Ah hah, OK.
> 	Well, let me hear some comments, OK?

Here we go: In my opinion your water looks more like boiling mercury
than like water (or more precisely: how I imagine that boiling mercury
looks like). This is due to the fact that the waves are to smooth on
top and the waves are too random. The pigment and finish seem OK, though.

Apart from this, I think that the haze is much too brownish, except
that there is a lot of pollution. However, I really like your clouds.
Keep them like they are.

Since I'm also the author of an ocean scenes, I hope that you don't
find my comments offending. It would be nice to find a way to create
a realistic ocean in POV-Ray without modifying the source code, which
is necessary for my image.

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm