POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Where can I get a list of all the keywords used in MegaPOV? : Re: Where can I get a list of all the keywords used in MegaPOV? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where can I get a list of all the keywords used in MegaPOV?
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 14 Dec 1999 02:52:06
Message: <qqm902yyn6h.fsf@horn.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Glen Berry <7no### [at] ezwvcom> writes:

> I want to make a list of all the non-official features and keywords,
> for the purpose of color coding my text editor.

This is possible by a combination of grep, awk, sort, and diff. I used in
the directory with the source code of the official version:

  grep TOKEN tokenize.c | grep \" | \
  awk -F\" "{ print \$2 }" | sort > list_official

in the directory with the source code of the megapatch:

  grep TOKEN tokenize.c | grep \" | \
  awk -F\" "{ print \$2 }" | sort > list_new

and then

  diff list_new list_official | grep "<"

gives me this list:

< accuracy
< all_intersections
< b_spline_sphere_sweep
< bezier_patch
< catmull_rom_spline_sphere_sweep
< close
< coords
< cub
< dim
< dist_exp
< double_illuminate
< equpotsurface
< eval
< face_indices
< facets
< first
< float
< form
< func
< func3d
< func_id
< func_xy
< function
< groups
< image_pattern
< implicit
< inside_vector
< int_f
< isosurface
< lib_name
< library
< light_group
< linear_sphere_sweep
< ln
< major_radius
< max_extent
< max_grad
< max_gradient
< max_trace
< mesh2
< method
< metric
< min_extent
< no_eval
< noise3d
< normal_indices
< normal_vectors
< orientation
< parallel
< parametric
< pattern
< precompute
< previous
< projected_through
< r
< rational
< reflect_metallic
< reflection_blur
< reflection_blur_max
< reflection_blur_max_adc
< reflection_falloff
< reflection_max
< reflection_min
< reflection_samples
< reflection_type
< reset_children
< s
< sign
< size
< slope
< solid
< sphere_sweep
< sphere_sweep_depth_tolerance
< spline
< spline identifier
< string
< string_encoding
< system
< texture_list
< toroidal
< trace
< trimmed_by
< trimmed_by identifier
< use_alpha
< uv_indices
< uv_mapping
< uv_vectors
< vector
< vertex_vectors

Except for the lines with "identifier" I suspect this to be the list of new
keywords.

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)