POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: mpeg2 encoder compile problems : Re: mpeg2 encoder compile problems Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mpeg2 encoder compile problems
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 18 Feb 2000 06:42:30
Message: <qqm66vmspnf.fsf@schlatt.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
Serge LAROCQUE <sgl### [at] hotmailcom> writes:

> Actually I think I got my original packages from some berkely site. I
> only have the ftp site: ftp://mm-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu in
> /pub/multimedia/mpeg/ in here there are many subdirectories, some for
> mpeg, others for mpeg2. I just got a few more packages from the
> www.mpeg2.de site and will see if they are different.

I assume that you're talking about mpeg2encode that is contained in
mpeg2v12.zip.

I have downloaded this package and it was quite easy to compile.
I can -- currently -- not say that it works, but under linux the
compilation was as easy as invoking "make" in the main directory.
After compilation I've found "mpeg2encode" and "mpeg2decode" in
the respective directories. Under Sun Solaris I have modified the
Makefile to include the correct xlib directory. I worked flawlessly.

I'm using SuSE Linux 5.? with gcc 2.7.2.1 and Sun Solaris 2.6 with
gcc 2.95.2.

I will try to generate an mpeg2 file later. If it doesn't work, I will
post it here.

Thomas

--
http://thomas.willhalm.de/ (includes pgp key)