POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] mosaic preview and radiosity : Re: [doc] mosaic preview and radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [doc] mosaic preview and radiosity
Date: 2 Jul 2002 03:32:05
Message: <qgl2iuklvdvcaobudjc8sb0dqbd2roqmkv@4ax.com>
On 4 Feb 2002 07:38:30 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Note, however, that if you use +SP and +EP command line options, they'll
> override the pretrace settings.
> I don't know if this is intentional or something left by mistake.

It is described in '2.6.2  Photons, Dispersion and Improved Radiosity' however
it is not clear what should have priority:

  Instead of using the INI options "Preview_Start_Size" and "Preview_End_Size"
  to control the radiosity pre-trace gathering step, use the keywords
  pretrace_start and pretrace_end within the radiosity block inside
  global_settings.

BTW: I think it is enough important to be placed in main radiosity chapter
instead of "What's new in 3.5".

ABX