POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : HELP!!!!!! : Re: HELP!!!!!! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP!!!!!!
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 May 2000 16:16:05
Message: <qegjhskkvqu8fj5uc3qn24po4o1sg035mt@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 May 2000 15:15:47 +0200, Tarax <tar### [at] mailcitycom>
wrote:

>After many setups of POV-Ray on my linux box, I haven't managed to
>launch it yet. It seams to be well installed compared to the Doc
>instructions but when I try to render a scene the answer is "povray :
>command not found" wherever the directory I launch it from.

The default installation makes two binaries, s-povray and x-povray (or
was it without the hyphens?). The former is the shell version and the
latter is the X binary. The binary which is built when making to the
target unix (or newunix) is a general console version and it's binary
is called povray. You shouldn't have this one installed if you did a
default installation. Try the other two instead.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet