POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Off the drawing board : Re: Off the drawing board Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Off the drawing board
From: povray
Date: 9 Oct 2004 22:10:28
Message: <qdqgm0121rt62qbvsiqv8bmg9app5c2n03@4ax.com>
On Fri,  8 Oct 2004 05:39:10 EDT, "Tom York"
<alp### [at] zubenelgenubi34spcom> wrote:

>pov### [at] almostbestwebnet wrote:
>

>> Any greeble-making tips you'de care to share?
>
>Start simple, have patience, and don't use one particular greebling pattern

<snippage>

Thank you!  That info has been saved!

So far the only way I've gotten greebles of
any interest was either by making "tiles" in
wings3d, or by random processes via pov-ray macros.
Both the tile aproach and the random approach tend
to not really look that good ... although I have
one set of tiles that approximates the look of the
Death Star.  But how many times do you need to
render a death star landscape?  :D

So I am doubly awed that you did it the hard way, by
hand, over a long time.

>Hope this all helps, I'm still learning this stuff as I go.

Again, thank you.  I've been using pov-ray since 1990
(back then it was called DKB render (Did you know it was
originally first written for the Amiga?)) and I've not
got stuff as good as your picture.  Kudos!