POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Saving and Re-Using Radiosity in Mega-POV? : Saving and Re-Using Radiosity in Mega-POV? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Saving and Re-Using Radiosity in Mega-POV?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 19 Apr 2000 01:56:14
Message: <qEf9OGttRIi4R+EuuWGqqXuh2dZ+@4ax.com>
I just started playing with the save_file option in Mega-POV 0.4, to
save my radiosity values. I was wondering what can I change in the
scene or in the way the scene is rendered, and still be able to use
the saved radiosity file.

In other words, if I add a few objects to a scene, I expect that I
would probably *not* be able to reuse the radiosity data. Is this
correct?

Can I switch antialiasing on or off, and still reuse the data?

Can I render the image at a small size, saving the radiosity values,
and then reuse these values in a larger final render size?

It would be really great to create a test render at a smaller size,
without antialiasing, and save the radiosity values. Then change to a
larger final image size with antialiasing, and reuse the previous
radiosity settings. Would this work? Are there any drawbacks to this
idea, or potential problems to watch out for?

Thanks,
Glen Berry