POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding : Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding
From: Peter Popov
Date: 4 Jan 2000 01:10:05
Message: <q41xOI0wRaiopgwWr2m3CE1MdlR3@4ax.com>
On 3 Jan 2000 21:32:14 -0500, sjl### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain (Steve)
wrote:

>Some of us pay for the use of the phone line, and d/l all of the messages
>in one go then read them off line.  So if someone posts an unsuitably big
>image or irrelevant binary, then we pay for the d/l weather we wanted to
>see it or not.

Yes, and with the quality of the phone service in Bulgaria (line
dropping every 10 minutes in the daytime) and knowing that the nntp
protocol does not support resuming, it gets one hell of an experience
to view the other posts, because p.b.a. and p.b.i. are one of the
first alphabetically (and they are checked in that order).

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700