POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Gilles's scifi demo animated : Re: Gilles's scifi demo animated Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gilles's scifi demo animated
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Feb 2004 11:34:03
Message: <q15fg1-tcg.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
ZeSly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a test of animation :
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/video/scifi_demo.avi - DivX 5.0.5 - 1154ko
>
> 3 seconds, 76 frames. It tooks almost 2 days to render on an Athlon XP2600+.
> The big problem is radiosity. An artefact would be different from a frame to
> another so I had to render it with high quality radiosity.

I don't understand why this is much of a problem - the light
distribution does not change much between the frames so you can just
generate the radiosity data once and reuse it for the whole animation.
A fly-through would be much more difficult.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______