POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Irradiance gradient & radiosity : Re: Irradiance gradient & radiosity Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irradiance gradient & radiosity
From: ABX
Date: 18 Mar 2003 03:57:36
Message: <q0nd7vg7ikslspegruka9vg86qeeujsc95@4ax.com>
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:40:05 +0100, "T.J.Viking" <vik### [at] bp-domarpl> wrote:
> I never said I will need three weeks to fix it....

"2 weeks ago... [...] till next sunday "

2 weeks + 1 week = 3 weeks

> You can fix it in 30-60 minutes...

Perhaps, but this requires some assumptions about patcher:
1. I'm not concerned on other tasks.
2. Understand radiosity source
3. Have knowledge about radiosity theory.
It looked like from your words you fits those assumptions.

> But testing and providing stable patch is another matter, and having a lot of time
> in the nowadays world.... is another hard try.

Exactly!!! You starting to understand complexity of povray development :-)
I tried to make light version of complaining you directed to Community and you
quickly proved that you are affected with the same problems every coder has:
real life, testing, documenting and making patching stable - they are all part
of fixing.

I hope your changes will be worth of inclusion in http://megapov.inetart.net/
(finally up again).

ABX