POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making A Basketball (70kbu) : Re: Making A Basketball (70kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making A Basketball (70kbu)
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 12 Jul 2001 03:04:23
Message: <pvhqktgmm7kqvueopqcdtpa1ck1p9rpejh@4ax.com>
Ah, that takes me back.. last year I struggled making a similar curve
for a baseball. Finally I came up with a parametric equation, but it
behaved rather badly at four points. I solved that by using a spline.
Source here: http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~as/pov/baseballcode.zip
I see that it's badly commented and with lots of Norwegian variables..
The main variables are R for radius and W for controlling the width or
distance between the seams.

sig
--
ICQ 74734588