POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A question about large animations... : Re: A question about large animations... Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:50:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about large animations...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Nov 2003 04:22:02
Message: <psfp71-fi4.ln1@triton.imagico.de>

> High!
>
> Does the famous-infamous ;-) 1 meg limit for animation files still
> apply? If yes, what about establishing a separate binaries newsgroup fo
> people who are lucky enough to have DSL connections and/or wanting to
> post large animations? I could imagine that many here would like to see

> such a group...

It's not only a question of bandwidth but also of server space.
Remember that despite generosity of netplex running this server costs
money.  I don't see any reason why you can't put your large animations
on a web server (either run by you, your ISP or a free webspace somewhere
).

Also note that a lot of people automatically download all postings on
this server regularly - people with dial-up connections as well as with
broadband access.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______