POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Headless nude (0/1) : Re: Headless nude (1/1) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Headless nude (1/1)
From: IMBJR
Date: 10 Sep 2002 17:10:56
Message: <prnsnuctl86ik5sqpfejn65oip86qmpkkg@4ax.com>
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:25:49 +0100, Mike Williams
<mik### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

>Wasn't it IMBJR who wrote:
>
>>The quotes around bad 3D are so necessary - since it's all very
>>subjective.
>>
>>As for correcting the normals, I wouldn't know where to begin any
>>ideas? It's, remember, a mesh2 generated by OBJuvPOV.
>
>Did you actually remove the head in Poser, or did you do it with some
>external technique afterwards? It's my guess that you may have got the

Do you know - I can't recall - but I strongly suspect it was done in
Poser and not OBJuvPOV.

>head removal slightly wrong, resulting in the set of deleted normals not
>being exactly the same as the set of deleted points, thus resulting in
>the remaining normal_indices being associated with the wrong
>face_indices.

That surely would not effect the whole body.

>Or possibly the wrong uv_indices being associated with the wrong
>face_indices - I'm not 100% convinced that the facets are due to wrong
>normals, they look to me like the wrong bits of the image map might be
>being applied to each triangle. It's much easier the get the uv_indices
>wrong if you modified the INC file created by OBJuvPOV, because they are
>presented in a different order to that of the face_ and normal_indices.
>
>The Poser-PVJuvPOV-POVRay combination usually gets the normals and uv
>mapping correct, so if any unusual additional processing were performed
>I'd tend to suspect that.

It would appear that area lights really bring out this effect, normal
spotlights are far more forgiving.

http://www.imbjr.com