POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in 'texture'" Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:03:43 EDT (-0400)
  Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in 'texture'" (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: tylerm8101
Subject: Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in 'texture'"
Date: 9 Sep 2019 23:15:01
Message: <web.5d7713e0fb556019394e73420@news.povray.org>
Hi.

I'm using the Pov ray addon for Blender 2.79. On windows 10.

Yesterday I ran into an issue where it wouldn't parse correctly. So... I looked
at what Pov ray said:

"Parse error: No matching } in 'texture', undeclared identifier 'Material_051'
found instead."

It also highlighted a line of text:

"texture{Material_051}"

This text was apart of a larger group of text:

#declare MAT_Material_034 =
texture{
        slope { lampTarget1 }
        texture_map {
            [0.98 finish {diffuse 0.72}]
            [0.002
                pigment {rgbft<1, 0.638, 0.716, 0, 0>}
                finish {shader_Material_034}
            ]
        }
    }
    texture_list {
        9
 texture{Material_051}

 texture{Material_052}

 texture{Material_034}

 texture{Material_035}

 texture{Material_038}

 texture{Material_059}

 texture{Material_015}

Im not sure if I needed to show more, I dont know what influences what. Sorry.

Post a reply to this message

Op 10/09/2019 om 05:10 schreef tylerm8101:
> Hi.
>
> I'm using the Pov ray addon for Blender 2.79. On windows 10.
>
> Yesterday I ran into an issue where it wouldn't parse correctly. So... I looked
> at what Pov ray said:
>
> "Parse error: No matching } in 'texture', undeclared identifier 'Material_051'
> found instead."
>
> It also highlighted a line of text:
>
> "texture{Material_051}"
>
> This text was apart of a larger group of text:
>
> #declare MAT_Material_034 =
> texture{
>          slope { lampTarget1 }
>          texture_map {
>              [0.98 finish {diffuse 0.72}]
>              [0.002
>                  pigment {rgbft<1, 0.638, 0.716, 0, 0>}
>                  finish {shader_Material_034}
>              ]
>          }
>      }
>      texture_list {
>          9
>   texture{Material_051}
>
>   texture{Material_052}
>
>   texture{Material_034}
>
>   texture{Material_035}
>
>   texture{Material_038}
>
>   texture{Material_059}
>
>   texture{Material_015}
>
> Im not sure if I needed to show more, I dont know what influences what. Sorry.

Those types of errors are often difficult to track down. At first guess
I would suggest to check:

- is Material_51 included somewhere in the scene or in another include
file, and if yes, is its built consistent? If no, include the texture
and see if everything works.

- what happens if you comment out texture{Material_051} (and change the
preceding '9' into '8')? Is the error gone? if not, does the error now
mention Material_052? i.d. the next texture in the list?

- if no remedy, copy here the complete MAT_Material_034 texture so that
we may look at it.

- as last resort (or first one) a successful testing involves to
gradually build up the texture from simple to complex and each time test
the result. If it works, add a new element until the error appears: you
then know where the problem arises from.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message