POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in 'texture'" : Re: Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in 'textur= Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in 'textur=
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Sep 2019 06:30:01
Message: <web.5d777a7a42e6e46e4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"tylerm8101" <tyl### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> "Parse error: No matching } in 'texture', undeclared identifier 'Material_051'
> found instead."
>
> It also highlighted a line of text:
>
> "texture{Material_051}"

Right.   So there's supposed to be a thing called Material_051 that gets
#declared somewhere for use in your layered texture.

PoseRay does the same thing and usually creates an include file   "Filename.inc"
that contains all of that info.

See if you have any .inc files in the directory where Blender exports your stuff
to, and somewhere before that group of text add

#include "Filename.inc"

for each of the .inc files and see if that works.

if one .inc file depends on what's in another, then that one needs to be after
the one it depends on, so you may have to reorder them if you get [new] errors.

If you can't get that to work, and just need to render the scene, you can just
define simple place-holder textures for those things or comment them out.

> Im not sure if I needed to show more, I dont know what influences what. Sorry.

Maybe some of the beginning of the scene to show any #include statements, and
the list of filenames in your Blender export directory.