POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Scaling a cylinder in a blob moves it(!?) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Scaling a cylinder in a blob moves it(!?) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Alan Corey
Subject: Scaling a cylinder in a blob moves it(!?)
Date: 17 Nov 1997 20:15:43
Message: <Pine.D-G.3.91.971117200126.6976A-100000@unix1>
Has anyone else had this experience?  I'm using PovWin 3.02 and I was
trying to scale a cylinder into something resembling a plank only to have
it translated rather than scaled.

Something like cylinder{<0,0,0>,<1,0,0>.......scale<1,1,10>.... will push
it back 10 units in a positive z direction.

Is scale not supposed to be used in a blob?  I do appreciate the program
very much, I just wish more shapes could be used within blobs.  Glass
blobs are interesting.

   Alan Corey

Post a reply to this message