POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : qtpovray 3.80.15 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:00:16 EDT (-0400)
  qtpovray 3.80.15 (Message 3 to 12 of 22)
<<< Previous 2 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Re: qtpovray 3.80.15
Date: 2 Feb 2021 13:29:25
Message: <60199a05$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/1/2021 5:42 AM, Mr wrote:
> Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

>> Some rando facebook messengered me saying he couldn't get the ppa for
>> Ubuntu 18 to work in Ubuntu 20.  So there's that build too.
>>

> I am the rando. thanks for the update(s!)

Ah, all this time I read your name as "mister".  Now I know better. :)

--
dik
Rendered 50,081,587,200 of 50,081,587,200 pixels (100%)

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Feb 2021 13:35:01
Message: <web.60199a2ca5220c241f9dae300@news.povray.org>
Hmmm.

I did a
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and It opens the editor, but when I try to render, it just sends output to the
terminal:

PATHS
  HOME        = /home/oem
  SYSCONF     = /etc/qtpovray/3.8/povray.conf
  USERCONF    = /home/oem/.qtpovray/3.8/povray.conf
  SYSINI      = /etc/qtpovray/3.8/povray.ini
  SYSINI_OLD  = /etc/povray.ini
  USERINI     = /home/oem/.povray/3.8/povray.ini
  USERINI_OLD = /home/oem/.povrayrc

So, no idea what's going on there...  I guess one of the ini files got
overwritten...

(Good to see you here and updating qtpovray.   Hope you're doing lots better.
Congrats on the new box   :) )

Post a reply to this message