POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Unix version on Windows Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:59:07 EDT (-0400)
  Unix version on Windows (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: clipka
Subject: Unix version on Windows
Date: 18 May 2017 12:26:02
Message: <591dcb1a$1@news.povray.org>
FYI,

As of the Creators Update, Microsoft's so-called "Windows Subsystem for
Linux"(*) seems to be mature enough now to compile and run the Unix
version of POV-Ray, opening up another way to run a console version of
POV-Ray on Windows machines.

Performance seems to be just as good as the native Windows binaries --
as a matter of fact, on my machine the Unix variant of beta.7 (compiled
with g++ 5.4.0) comes out slightly ahead by about 1%.

Note that to compile POV-Ray on the Linux subsystem, in addition to the
various library packages listed in `unix/README.md` you will also need
to install the following development tool packages:

    autoconf
    gcc
    g++
    make

(plus various packages automatically installed when selecting the above)

In my experiments, I used "sudo apt-get install <PACKAGE>" to install
the packages.

(*I have no idea why Microsoft calls it that way round; from my
understanding "Linux subsystem for Windows" would be a better name.)

Post a reply to this message

> Note that to compile POV-Ray on the Linux subsystem, in addition to the
> various library packages listed in `unix/README.md` you will also need
> to install the following development tool packages:
>
>     autoconf
>     gcc
>     g++
>     make
>
> (plus various packages automatically installed when selecting the above)

Add `pkg-config` to that list, otherwise POV-Ray's `./configure` script
may fail to properly identify the OpenEXR library.

Post a reply to this message

> Performance seems to be just as good as the native Windows binaries --
> as a matter of fact, on my machine the Unix variant of beta.7 (compiled
> with g++ 5.4.0) comes out slightly ahead by about 1%.

For the records: With beta.8, the Linux subsystem binaries now give me a
performance advantage of just shy of 15% over the native Windows version.

Post a reply to this message

>> Performance seems to be just as good as the native Windows binaries --
>> as a matter of fact, on my machine the Unix variant of beta.7 (compiled
>> with g++ 5.4.0) comes out slightly ahead by about 1%.
>
> For the records: With beta.8, the Linux subsystem binaries now give me a
> performance advantage of just shy of 15% over the native Windows version.

Wow, Cool! Very much looking forward to seeing what I get on my Ubuntu
system.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 12 Jun 2017 18:43:11
Message: <593f18ff$1@news.povray.org>
On 18.05.2017 18:26, clipka wrote:

> (*I have no idea why Microsoft calls it that way round; from my
> understanding "Linux subsystem for Windows" would be a better name.)

 From the company that named their 32-bit subsystem WOW64 :)

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 13 Jun 2017 03:07:44
Message: <593f8f40$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-05-18 12:26, also sprach clipka:

> Performance seems to be just as good as the native Windows binaries --
> as a matter of fact, on my machine the Unix variant of beta.7 (compiled
> with g++ 5.4.0) comes out slightly ahead by about 1%.

I have one thing I've been wanting to write up...
In the kitchen of my animation, the tile floor is superellipsoids with a
box for grout between the tiles.
When the camera looks at this floor, Windows renders this 10x faster
than Linux/gcc [1].  (The grout must be present for the extreme
variation.) At least my theory is it's windows vs. Linux.  The problem
with my theory is that my Windows box is also my only hyperthreaded i7
cpu. My linux boxen are all i5(s).  But I don't think it's the CPU, I
think it's the compiler.  Anyway, now I have to write this up as a
proper test. I thought it might be interesting to compare against the
clang results, too.

--
dik

[1] The difference is so striking, 2.7 minutes vs. 30 minutes, that I
thought of modifying my renderfarm to support "prefer this named box for
that range of frames".

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Date: 13 Jun 2017 08:33:20
Message: <593fdb90$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/13/2017 03:07 AM, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2017-05-18 12:26, also sprach clipka:
>>
>> Performance seems to be just as good as the native Windows binaries --
>> as a matter of fact, on my machine the Unix variant of beta.7 (compiled
>> with g++ 5.4.0) comes out slightly ahead by about 1%.
>
> I have one thing I've been wanting to write up...
> In the kitchen of my animation, the tile floor is superellipsoids with a
> box for grout between the tiles.
> When the camera looks at this floor, Windows renders this 10x faster
> than Linux/gcc [1].  (The grout must be present for the extreme
> variation.) At least my theory is it's windows vs. Linux.  The problem
> with my theory is that my Windows box is also my only hyperthreaded i7
> cpu. My linux boxen are all i5(s).  But I don't think it's the CPU, I
> think it's the compiler.  Anyway, now I have to write this up as a
> proper test. I thought it might be interesting to compare against the
> clang results, too.

We did recently fix a - sometimes significant - 'compiler' related
degrade with AA mode 2 (+am2) where the windows compiler was OK, but gnu
g++ and clang were slow. See: https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/pull/270
merged April 12, 2017.

Though we saw nothing like a 10x difference.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 13 Jun 2017 09:30:14
Message: <593fe8e6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.06.2017 um 09:07 schrieb dick balaska:
> Am 2017-05-18 12:26, also sprach clipka:
>>
>> Performance seems to be just as good as the native Windows binaries --
>> as a matter of fact, on my machine the Unix variant of beta.7 (compiled
>> with g++ 5.4.0) comes out slightly ahead by about 1%.
>
> I have one thing I've been wanting to write up...
> In the kitchen of my animation, the tile floor is superellipsoids with a
> box for grout between the tiles.
> When the camera looks at this floor, Windows renders this 10x faster
> than Linux/gcc [1].  (The grout must be present for the extreme
> variation.) At least my theory is it's windows vs. Linux.  The problem
> with my theory is that my Windows box is also my only hyperthreaded i7
> cpu. My linux boxen are all i5(s).  But I don't think it's the CPU, I
> think it's the compiler.  Anyway, now I have to write this up as a
> proper test. I thought it might be interesting to compare against the
> clang results, too.

This would have to be examined in more detail.

Do you still see this speed difference with current beta versions?

With "Windows Subsystem for Linux" now able to compile and run POV-Ray,
it should be easy to figure out whether this is a matter of the CPU or
the compiler: Just run POV-Ray for Windows and POV-Ray for Unix on the
same machine. If the factor 10 speed difference is absent, the compiler
is free of guilt; if it is present, it must be the compiler that makes
the difference, and we might want to figure out how to get better
performance out of g++ for whatever piece of code is affected by this.

Also, it might be interesting to compare the performance on different
CPUs, to see whether the Unix performance loss is a general problem or
limited to a particular class of machines. We're in contact with some
folks at AMD who might be able to test-drive a sample scene across a
wide range of different machines (both AMD and Intel).

Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Date: 16 Jun 2017 10:45:00
Message: <web.5943ee22139b5faf615a0e20@news.povray.org>
> FYI,
>
> As of the Creators Update, Microsoft's so-called "Windows Subsystem for
> Linux"(*) seems to be mature enough now to compile and run the Unix
> version of POV-Ray, opening up another way to run a console version of
> POV-Ray on Windows machines.
>
> Performance seems to be just as good as the native Windows binaries --
> as a matter of fact, on my machine the Unix variant of beta.7 (compiled
> with g++ 5.4.0) comes out slightly ahead by about 1%.
>

> Note that to compile POV-Ray on the Linux subsystem, in addition to the
> various library packages listed in `unix/README.md` you will also need
> to install the following development tool packages:
>
>     autoconf
>     gcc
>     g++
>     make
>
> (plus various packages automatically installed when selecting the above)
>
> In my experiments, I used "sudo apt-get install <PACKAGE>" to install
> the packages.
>

> (*I have no idea why Microsoft calls it that way round; from my
> understanding "Linux subsystem for Windows" would be a better name.)

I was experimenting with this last year when they released Windows Subsystem for
Linux. See here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.unix/thread/%3Cweb.57ad73e9a051fa67194284cc0%40news.povray.org%3E/

tl;dr - still slower than running on native Linux

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 26 Aug 2017 03:15:01
Message: <web.59a11ef5139b5faf9d7167620@news.povray.org>
Hi!
My newest Cygwin64 is wrong in the configuration. :(

config.log

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by POV-Ray configure 3.7.2-alpha, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.69.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure COMPILED_BY=Lanuhum

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = WINDOWS-28DA5MT
uname -m = x86_64
uname -r = 2.8.2(0.313/5/3)
uname -s = CYGWIN_NT-6.3
uname -v = 2017-07-12 10:58

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = x86_64
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
/usr/bin/hostinfo      = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/NVIDIA Corporation/PhysX/Common
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Windows
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/SlikSvn/bin
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/CMake/bin
PATH: /usr/lib/lapack

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:3905: result:
Configure POV-Ray version 3.7.2-alpha

This is an unofficial version compiled by:
 Lanuhum
The POV-Ray Team(tm) is not responsible for supporting this version.
configure:3926: result:
Environment
-----------
configure:3935: checking build system type
configure:3949: result: x86_64-unknown-cygwin
configure:3969: checking host system type
configure:3982: result: x86_64-unknown-cygwin
configure:4019: checking for a BSD-compatible install
configure:4087: result: /usr/bin/install -c
configure:4098: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:4153: result: yes
configure:4304: checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p
configure:4343: result: /usr/bin/mkdir -p
configure:4350: checking for gawk
configure:4366: found /usr/bin/gawk
configure:4377: result: gawk
configure:4388: checking whether make sets $(MAKE)
configure:4410: result: yes
configure:4439: checking whether make supports nested variables
configure:4456: result: yes
configure:4582: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
Makefiles
configure:4591: result: no
ax_fix_incorrect_path_regexp = [=:]*\.:*
ax_fix_incorrect_path_old =
ax_fix_incorrect_path_new =
configure:4618: checking whether $C_INCLUDE_PATH contains the "." path
configure:4628: result: no
ax_fix_incorrect_path_regexp = [=:]*\.:*
ax_fix_incorrect_path_old =
ax_fix_incorrect_path_new =
configure:4646: checking whether $CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH contains the "." path
configure:4656: result: no
configure:4667: result:
Programs
--------
configure:4723: checking for gcc
configure:4739: found /usr/bin/gcc
configure:4750: result: gcc
configure:4979: checking for C compiler version
configure:4988: gcc --version >&5
gcc (GCC) 6.3.0

configure:4999: $? = 0
configure:4988: gcc -v >&5
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/6.3.0/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: x86_64-pc-cygwin
Configured with:
/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/gcc/gcc-6.3.0-2.x86_64/src/gcc-6.3.0/configure
--srcdir=/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/gcc/gcc-6.3.0-2.x86_64/src/gcc-6.3.0
--prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
--docdir=/usr/share/doc/gcc --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/gcc/html -C
--build=x86_64-pc-cygwin --host=x86_64-pc-cygwin --target=x86_64-pc-cygwin
--without-libiconv-prefix --without-libintl-prefix --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--enable-shared --enable-shared-libgcc --enable-static
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-bootstrap --enable-__cxa_atexit
--with-dwarf2 --with-tune=generic
--enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-graphite
--enable-threads=posix --enable-libatomic --enable-libcilkrts --enable-libgomp
--enable-libitm --enable-libquadmath --enable-libquadmath-support
--enable-libssp --enable-libada --disable-symvers --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as
--with-cloog-include=/usr/include/cloog-isl --without-libiconv-prefix
--without-libintl-prefix --with-system-zlib --enable-linker-build-id
--with-default-libstdcxx-abi=gcc4-compatible
Thread model: posix
gcc version 6.3.0 (GCC)
configure:4999: $? = 0
configure:4988: gcc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:4999: $? = 1
configure:4988: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'; did you mean
'--version'?
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:4999: $? = 1
configure:5019: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:5041: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
configure:5045: $? = 0
configure:5093: result: yes
configure:5096: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:5098: result: a.exe
configure:5104: checking for suffix of executables
configure:5111: gcc -o conftest.exe    conftest.c  >&5
configure:5115: $? = 0
configure:5137: result: .exe
configure:5159: checking whether we are cross compiling
configure:5167: gcc -o conftest.exe    conftest.c  >&5
configure:5171: $? = 0
configure:5178: ./conftest.exe
configure:5182: $? = 0
configure:5197: result: no
configure:5202: checking for suffix of object files
configure:5224: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:5228: $? = 0
configure:5249: result: o
configure:5253: checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler
configure:5272: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:5272: $? = 0
configure:5281: result: yes
configure:5290: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:5310: gcc -c -g  conftest.c >&5
configure:5310: $? = 0
configure:5351: result: yes
configure:5368: checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89
configure:5431: gcc  -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:5431: $? = 0
configure:5444: result: none needed
configure:5469: checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together
configure:5491: gcc -c conftest.c -o conftest2.o
configure:5494: $? = 0
configure:5491: gcc -c conftest.c -o conftest2.o
configure:5494: $? = 0
configure:5506: result: yes
configure:5534: checking for style of include used by make
configure:5562: result: GNU
configure:5588: checking dependency style of gcc
configure:5699: result: gcc3
configure:5719: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:5750: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:5750: $? = 0
configure:5764: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:13:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
 #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
                            ^
compilation terminated.
configure:5764: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "POV-Ray"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "povray"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "3.7.2-alpha"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "POV-Ray 3.7.2-alpha"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "uni### [at] povrayorg"
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define VERSION_BASE "3.7"
| #define BUILT_BY "Lanuhum"
| #define PACKAGE "povray"
| #define VERSION "3.7.2-alpha"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
configure:5789: result: gcc -E
configure:5809: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:5809: $? = 0
configure:5823: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:13:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
 #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
                            ^
compilation terminated.
configure:5823: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "POV-Ray"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "povray"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "3.7.2-alpha"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "POV-Ray 3.7.2-alpha"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "uni### [at] povrayorg"
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define VERSION_BASE "3.7"
| #define BUILT_BY "Lanuhum"
| #define PACKAGE "povray"
| #define VERSION "3.7.2-alpha"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>
configure:5855: checking for grep that handles long lines and -e
configure:5913: result: /usr/bin/grep
configure:5918: checking for egrep
configure:5980: result: /usr/bin/grep -E
configure:5985: checking for ANSI C header files
configure:6005: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6005: $? = 0
configure:6078: gcc -o conftest.exe    conftest.c  >&5
configure:6078: $? = 0
configure:6078: ./conftest.exe
configure:6078: $? = 0
configure:6089: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for sys/types.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for sys/stat.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for stdlib.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for string.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for memory.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for strings.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for inttypes.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for stdint.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6102: checking for unistd.h
configure:6102: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:6102: $? = 0
configure:6102: result: yes
configure:6116: checking for stdlib.h
configure:6116: result: yes
configure:6195: checking for g++
configure:6211: found /usr/bin/g++
configure:6222: result: g++
configure:6249: checking for C++ compiler version
configure:6258: g++ --version >&5
g++ (GCC) 5.4.0

configure:6269: $? = 0
configure:6258: g++ -v >&5
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
Target: x86_64-pc-cygwin
Configured with:
/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/gcc/gcc-5.4.0-1.x86_64/src/gcc-5.4.0/configure
--srcdir=/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/gcc/gcc-5.4.0-1.x86_64/src/gcc-5.4.0
--prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
--docdir=/usr/share/doc/gcc --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/gcc/html -C
--build=x86_64-pc-cygwin --host=x86_64-pc-cygwin --target=x86_64-pc-cygwin
--without-libiconv-prefix --without-libintl-prefix --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--enable-shared --enable-shared-libgcc --enable-static
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-bootstrap --enable-__cxa_atexit
--with-dwarf2 --with-tune=generic
--enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-graphite
--enable-threads=posix --enable-libatomic --enable-libcilkrts --enable-libgomp
--enable-libitm --enable-libquadmath --enable-libquadmath-support
--enable-libssp --enable-libada --enable-libgcj-sublibs --disable-java-awt
--disable-symvers --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/ecj.jar --with-gnu-ld
--with-gnu-as --with-cloog-include=/usr/include/cloog-isl
--without-libiconv-prefix --without-libintl-prefix --with-system-zlib
--enable-linker-build-id --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=gcc4-compatible
Thread model: posix
gcc version 5.4.0 (GCC)
configure:6269: $? = 0
configure:6258: g++ -V >&5
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
g++: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:6269: $? = 1
configure:6258: g++ -qversion >&5
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
g++: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:6269: $? = 1
configure:6273: checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler
configure:6292: g++ -c   conftest.cpp >&5
configure:6292: $? = 0
configure:6301: result: yes
configure:6310: checking whether g++ accepts -g
configure:6330: g++ -c -g  conftest.cpp >&5
configure:6330: $? = 0
configure:6371: result: yes
configure:6396: checking dependency style of g++
configure:6507: result: gcc3
configure:6522: checking whether the g++ compiler works
configure:6536: g++ -o conftest.exe    conftest.cpp  >&5
g++: fatal error: -fuse-linker-plugin, but cyglto_plugin.dll not found
compilation terminated.
configure:6536: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "POV-Ray"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "povray"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "3.7.2-alpha"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "POV-Ray 3.7.2-alpha"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "uni### [at] povrayorg"
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define VERSION_BASE "3.7"
| #define BUILT_BY "Lanuhum"
| #define PACKAGE "povray"
| #define VERSION "3.7.2-alpha"
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:6541: result: no
configure:6543: error: in `/cygdrive/c/build/povray-master':
configure:6545: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

ac_cv_build=x86_64-unknown-cygwin
ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_cxx_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_env_C99_COMPATIBLE_RADIOSITY_set=
ac_cv_env_C99_COMPATIBLE_RADIOSITY_value=
ac_cv_env_CCC_set=
ac_cv_env_CCC_value=
ac_cv_env_CC_set=
ac_cv_env_CC_value=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_COMPILED_BY_set=set
ac_cv_env_COMPILED_BY_value=Lanuhum
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPP_set=
ac_cv_env_CPP_value=
ac_cv_env_CXXCPP_set=
ac_cv_env_CXXCPP_value=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CXX_set=
ac_cv_env_CXX_value=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_LIBS_set=
ac_cv_env_LIBS_value=
ac_cv_env_NON_REDISTRIBUTABLE_BUILD_set=
ac_cv_env_NON_REDISTRIBUTABLE_BUILD_value=
ac_cv_env_XMKMF_set=
ac_cv_env_XMKMF_value=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_value=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_value=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_value=
ac_cv_exeext=.exe
ac_cv_header_inttypes_h=yes
ac_cv_header_memory_h=yes
ac_cv_header_stdc=yes
ac_cv_header_stdint_h=yes
ac_cv_header_stdlib_h=yes
ac_cv_header_string_h=yes
ac_cv_header_strings_h=yes
ac_cv_header_sys_stat_h=yes
ac_cv_header_sys_types_h=yes
ac_cv_header_unistd_h=yes
ac_cv_host=x86_64-unknown-cygwin
ac_cv_objext=o
ac_cv_path_EGREP='/usr/bin/grep -E'
ac_cv_path_GREP=/usr/bin/grep
ac_cv_path_install='/usr/bin/install -c'
ac_cv_path_mkdir=/usr/bin/mkdir
ac_cv_prog_AWK=gawk
ac_cv_prog_CPP='gcc -E'
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CC=gcc
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CXX=g++
ac_cv_prog_cc_c89=
ac_cv_prog_cc_g=yes
ac_cv_prog_cxx_g=yes
ac_cv_prog_make_make_set=yes
am_cv_CC_dependencies_compiler_type=gcc3
am_cv_CXX_dependencies_compiler_type=gcc3
am_cv_make_support_nested_variables=yes
am_cv_prog_cc_c_o=yes

## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##

ACLOCAL='${SHELL} "/cygdrive/c/build/povray-master/unix/config"/missing
aclocal-1.14'
AMDEPBACKSLASH='\'
AMDEP_FALSE='#'
AMDEP_TRUE=''
AMTAR='$${TAR-tar}'
AM_BACKSLASH='\'
AM_DEFAULT_V='$(AM_DEFAULT_VERBOSITY)'
AM_DEFAULT_VERBOSITY='1'
AM_V='$(V)'
AUTOCONF='${SHELL} "/cygdrive/c/build/povray-master/unix/config"/missing
autoconf'
AUTOHEADER='${SHELL} "/cygdrive/c/build/povray-master/unix/config"/missing
autoheader'
AUTOMAKE='${SHELL} "/cygdrive/c/build/povray-master/unix/config"/missing
automake-1.14'
AWK='gawk'
BOOST_CPPFLAGS=''
BOOST_LDFLAGS=''
BOOST_THREAD_LIB=''
BUILD_x86_FALSE=''
BUILD_x86_TRUE=''
BUILD_x86avx2fma3_FALSE=''
BUILD_x86avx2fma3_TRUE=''
BUILD_x86avx_FALSE=''
BUILD_x86avx_TRUE=''
BUILD_x86avxfma4_FALSE=''
BUILD_x86avxfma4_TRUE=''
C99_COMPATIBLE_RADIOSITY=''
CC='gcc'
CCDEPMODE='depmode=gcc3'
CFLAGS=''
COMPILED_BY='Lanuhum'
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=''
CPP='gcc -E'
CPPFLAGS=''
CXX='g++'
CXXCPP=''
CXXDEPMODE='depmode=gcc3'
CXXFLAGS=''
CYGPATH_W='cygpath -w'
C_INCLUDE_PATH=''
DEFS=''
DEPDIR='.deps'
ECHO_C=''
ECHO_N='-n'
ECHO_T=''
EGREP='/usr/bin/grep -E'
EXEEXT='.exe'
GREP='/usr/bin/grep'
INSTALL_DATA='${INSTALL} -m 644'
INSTALL_PROGRAM='${INSTALL}'
INSTALL_SCRIPT='${INSTALL}'
INSTALL_STRIP_PROGRAM='$(install_sh) -c -s'
LDFLAGS=''
LIBOBJS=''
LIBS=''
LTLIBOBJS=''
MAINT='#'
MAINTAINER_MODE_FALSE=''
MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE='#'
MAKEINFO='${SHELL} "/cygdrive/c/build/povray-master/unix/config"/missing
makeinfo'
MKDIR_P='/usr/bin/mkdir -p'
NON_REDISTRIBUTABLE_BUILD=''
OBJEXT='o'
PACKAGE='povray'
PACKAGE_BUGREPORT='uni### [at] povrayorg'
PACKAGE_NAME='POV-Ray'
PACKAGE_STRING='POV-Ray 3.7.2-alpha'
PACKAGE_TARNAME='povray'
PACKAGE_URL=''
PACKAGE_VERSION='3.7.2-alpha'
PATH_SEPARATOR=':'
PKGCONFIG=''
PTHREAD_CC=''
PTHREAD_CFLAGS=''
PTHREAD_LIBS=''
RANLIB=''
SDLCONFIG=''
SET_MAKE=''
SHELL='/bin/sh'
STRIP=''
VERSION='3.7.2-alpha'
VERSION_BASE='3.7'
XMKMF=''
X_CFLAGS=''
X_EXTRA_LIBS=''
X_LIBS=''
X_PRE_LIBS=''
ac_ct_CC='gcc'
ac_ct_CXX='g++'
acx_pthread_config=''
am__EXEEXT_FALSE=''
am__EXEEXT_TRUE=''
am__fastdepCC_FALSE='#'
am__fastdepCC_TRUE=''
am__fastdepCXX_FALSE='#'
am__fastdepCXX_TRUE=''
am__include='include'
am__isrc=''
am__leading_dot='.'
am__nodep='_no'
am__quote=''
am__tar='$${TAR-tar} chof - "$$tardir"'
am__untar='$${TAR-tar} xf -'
bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build='x86_64-unknown-cygwin'
build_alias=''
build_cpu='x86_64'
build_os='cygwin'
build_vendor='unknown'
datadir='${datarootdir}'
datarootdir='${prefix}/share'
docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE_TARNAME}'
dvidir='${docdir}'
exec_prefix='NONE'
host='x86_64-unknown-cygwin'
host_alias=''
host_cpu='x86_64'
host_os='cygwin'
host_vendor='unknown'
htmldir='${docdir}'
includedir='${prefix}/include'
infodir='${datarootdir}/info'
install_sh='${SHELL} /cygdrive/c/build/povray-master/unix/config/install-sh'
libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'
localedir='${datarootdir}/locale'
localstatedir='${prefix}/var'
mandir='${datarootdir}/man'
mkdir_p='$(MKDIR_P)'
oldincludedir='/usr/include'
pdfdir='${docdir}'
povgroup=''
povowner=''
prefix='NONE'
program_transform_name='s,x,x,'
psdir='${docdir}'
sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
target_alias=''

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

/* confdefs.h */
#define PACKAGE_NAME "POV-Ray"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "povray"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "3.7.2-alpha"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "POV-Ray 3.7.2-alpha"
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "uni### [at] povrayorg"
#define PACKAGE_URL ""
#define VERSION_BASE "3.7"
#define BUILT_BY "Lanuhum"
#define PACKAGE "povray"