POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Rerender insert menu bitmaps Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Rerender insert menu bitmaps (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Andrew Coppin
Subject: Rerender insert menu bitmaps
Date: 17 Apr 2003 09:02:43
Message: <3e9ea5f3$1@news.povray.org>
Is there some magical INI file option or registry key that will remove the
"Rerender insert menu bitmaps" menu option?

POV-Ray comes with small bitmaps (to save on download size), and you can
then rerender them to full size by clicking the above menu item. I'm
convinced that once you do this the menu option disappears... (or is my
memory at fault?)

Anyway, I don't have the insert menu any more; I've replaced it with a
custom one of my own. Since there isn't a way of getting POV-Ray to rerender
my custom menu (sly feature-requesting hint ;-) can I remove it? POV-Ray
must have some way of remembering that's it's already rerendered the stuff,
so can I make it think it's already done it somehow?

Thanks.
Andrew.

Post a reply to this message

"Andrew Coppin" <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote in message
> Is there some magical INI file option or registry key that will remove the
> "Rerender insert menu bitmaps" menu option?
>
> Anyway, I don't have the insert menu any more; I've replaced it with a
> custom one of my own. Since there isn't a way of getting POV-Ray to
rerender
> my custom menu (sly feature-requesting hint ;-) can I remove it? POV-Ray
> must have some way of remembering that's it's already rerendered the
stuff,
> so can I make it think it's already done it somehow?

Nope, it stays put even after using it. Coded into the executable and I
don't even see a way to hack the program code to blank it out. Can't do much
about that without recompiling a changed pvengine.rc file. Guessing all this
of course, but sure looks like the only answer might be to use a empty
images.ini file or one with [0] as the only thing within it. I tried that
just now and it still shows the message about rendering but then closes
after a OK.

Post a reply to this message