POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Rerender insert menu bitmaps : Re: Rerender insert menu bitmaps Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rerender insert menu bitmaps
From: Hughes, B
Date: 17 Apr 2003 16:37:25
Message: <3e9f1085@news.povray.org>
"Andrew Coppin" <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote in message
> Is there some magical INI file option or registry key that will remove the
> "Rerender insert menu bitmaps" menu option?
>
> Anyway, I don't have the insert menu any more; I've replaced it with a
> custom one of my own. Since there isn't a way of getting POV-Ray to
rerender
> my custom menu (sly feature-requesting hint ;-) can I remove it? POV-Ray
> must have some way of remembering that's it's already rerendered the
stuff,
> so can I make it think it's already done it somehow?

Nope, it stays put even after using it. Coded into the executable and I
don't even see a way to hack the program code to blank it out. Can't do much
about that without recompiling a changed pvengine.rc file. Guessing all this
of course, but sure looks like the only answer might be to use a empty
images.ini file or one with [0] as the only thing within it. I tried that
just now and it still shows the message about rendering but then closes
after a OK.