POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Couple of questions/problems Server Time
28 Jul 2024 04:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Couple of questions/problems (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Krystian Bates
Subject: Couple of questions/problems
Date: 24 Sep 1999 20:45:44
Message: <37ec1b38@news.povray.org>
Hail, everyone. I just had a couple of quick Moray/POVRay questions, and I
figure this is definitely the place to ask them. First off, I would like to
express extreme gratitude to everyone on the Moray team, Moray is a top
notch program. I am ashamed to admit that I have gone over 30 days w/o
registering, but I will, as soon as I have some money. Thankfully, it is not
crippleware, as hand coding an entire scene is.. well.. tiresome. I don't
mind (too much) doing the animation stuff by hand, but to hand code every
shape and texture... urk.  OK, enough blabbing, time for the questions.

    I downloaded and installed a few of the available plug-ins (City,
Galaxy, Columns) the other day, and as of yesterday, Moray wouldn't render
the scenes properly. For some reason, POV does a quick display of the last
rendered version, and returns an error.. "Continue Trace Error; Error
reading aborted data file" I am attempting to uninstall and reinstall at
this moment, and hoping that clears the problem. If anyone can help me
figure out why this happened, and how I can avoid a repeat, it would be much
appreciated.

My second question is if anyone knows if it is possible to minimize the
amount of stars in the galaxy object, to acheive a nebula type of effect.

If anyone wants/needs more info, please mail me.

--
Krystian

Post a reply to this message