POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Couple of questions/problems : Re: Couple of questions/problems Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Couple of questions/problems
From: Charles
Date: 24 Sep 1999 21:37:21
Message: <37EC2701.DD442FB0@enter.net>
Krystian Bates wrote:
> the scenes properly. For some reason, POV does a quick display of the last
> rendered version, and returns an error.. "Continue Trace Error; Error
> reading aborted data file" I am attempting to uninstall and reinstall at
> this moment, and hoping that clears the problem. If anyone can help me
> figure out why this happened, and how I can avoid a repeat, it would be much
> appreciated.

Apparently you had Moray set to tell POV to continue a previous
trace. You completed the previous trace, therefore when POV opens that
completed file trying to see where to pick it up from, it finds its
already complete, and can't continue it (since there's no place to
pick up from if it's already done).

To correct this, in Moray, select from the menu ...
Render | Render_Options

...and on the render options dialog, look near the top left corner of
the dialog box for the option "Continue previous render" and uncheck it
if it is checked. Failing this, try manually deleting the old image.

Charles
--
http://www.enter.net/~cfusner
"...Then darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time,