POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Stus Rendering Speed - ellipsoids? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Stus Rendering Speed - ellipsoids? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Stuart Johnston
Subject: Stus Rendering Speed - ellipsoids?
Date: 27 Aug 1999 23:44:06
Message: <37C755F8.89B878D7@ozemail.com.au>
If you go to the following web page you'll hopefully get my drift.
Im only gettting 13pps on a P90 with POV.win.
I think it's the superellipsoids, but doing an 8x640x320 animation
means-35hrs.
I now appreciate I could cut down on my lights (6 of).

Go here....Please...Please...Please....
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~stuartjohnston/POV/POV_html.html

Stu### [at] ozemailcomau

Post a reply to this message

> If you go to the following web page you'll hopefully get my drift.
> Im only gettting 13pps on a P90 with POV.win.
> I think it's the superellipsoids, but doing an 8x640x320 animation
> means-35hrs.
> I now appreciate I could cut down on my lights (6 of).
>
> Go here....Please...Please...Please....
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~stuartjohnston/POV/POV_html.html
>
> Stu### [at] ozemailcomau

Merging superellipsoids on a P90 is your most likely culprit along with the
fact you have transparent objects in the scene which are inherently slower
to render than other objects anyway.

Have you considered overclocking your system to boost performance ?
http://www.tomshardware.com/overclock.html

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

> Have you considered overclocking your system to boost performance ?
> http://www.tomshardware.com/overclock.html

And get a whole of 15pps? :)
Anyway, the P90 generally isn't very overclockable... I seriously recommend
upgrading.

Margus

Post a reply to this message

> > Have you considered overclocking your system to boost performance ?
> > http://www.tomshardware.com/overclock.html
> >

> And get a whole of 15pps? :)
> Anyway, the P90 generally isn't very overclockable... I seriously recommend
> upgrading.
>
> Margus

Any speed improvement on a P90 is noticable :)

  I also recommend manual bounding of the merge operation to help speed things
up.