POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : I am new to POV Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  I am new to POV Ray (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: I am new to POV Ray
Date: 5 Jul 1999 00:34:26
Message: <3780357D.AC146FF@pacbell.net>
Travis Barton wrote:

> Ken,
>         Ok, last question cause I know I am bothering you.  Ok, how do I add
> like a glassly or ice looking texture to the font?
>
>                 Thanks,
>                     Travis

  You will find that I am if nothing else a very patient person who enjoys
sharing my feeble knowelge of the program with others. If you have a question
and I know the answer I will offer it in as timely manner as possible.

  // setting a max trace level with clear object is important. If you fail
  // to do so you will see a lot of black spots. This is mainly true for
  // complex shapes and objects - like text object for example - if you
  // do not get rid of the black spots with the first number you try keep
  // raising it 5 units at a time until they do dissapear.

  This first example is simply a glass like text object while the second
  I added a bump surface normal to roughen up the surface kind of like
  a frosty ice finish might appear. Try varying the number after the
  "bump" keyword, the frequency, and the scale for different effects

  global_settings{max_trace_level 25}

  camera       { location < 0, 0, -1.7> look_at 0}
  light_source { <-15,1,-50> rgb 1}

    text  { ttf "timrom.ttf" "POV" .5,0
            translate<-1,0,0>
  pigment { rgbf .9  }
 interior { ior 1.44 }
          }

  global_settings{max_trace_level 25}

  camera       { location < 0, 0, -1.7> look_at 0}
  light_source { <-15,1,-50> rgb 1}

     text { ttf "timrom.ttf" "POV" .5,0
            translate <-1,0,0>
  pigment { rgbf .9  }
   finish { ambient .3 diffuse .1 specular 1 roughness .001 reflection .2}
 interior { ior 1.44 }
   normal { bumps 2 scale .01 frequency 30 }
          }
  background { rgb .6}

--
Ken Tyler