POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : long filenames Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  long filenames (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Uwe Zimmermann
Subject: long filenames
Date: 29 Jun 1999 08:54:16
Message: <3778C1F7.FB2F3A6F@ele.kth.se>
Hej all!

Another feature of the Windows version 3.1e of PovRay (WinNT 4 sp3) :
Long filenames for render scenes are pretty well accepted by the
pvengine but when it comes to animation rendering of such files, the
output filename is truncated in the old-fashionned 8.3 notation to a
length of only 8-x characters where x represents the number of digits
display the highest frame number - is this really neccessary, a bug or a
feature?

Uwe.

Uwe Zimmermann                uwe### [at] geocitiescom
Dipl. Phys.                     uwe### [at] elekthse

           Department of Electronics
            Solid State Electronics
         Royal Institute of Technology
                 Electrum 229