POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows Help Bug ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:24 EDT (-0400)
  Windows Help Bug ? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ken
Subject: Windows Help Bug ?
Date: 22 Jun 1999 15:37:30
Message: <376FE52A.9F4AE597@pacbell.net>
I just noticed an odd behavior in the way the windows help function
works in the Pov editor. If you want help on a keyword you can place
the cursor over the word in question and then press control+F1. This
will pop up the dialog for that word. That's a neat trick and I use
it often. However in the process of doing so it also automaticaly
saves the current active window regardless if you wish it to do so or
not.
  Often this is not a real problem but it could be if you have made
a large number of changes and decide to chicken out at the last minute
and leave it as it was. I realize you can use the undo feature to return
back out to what it was but I am sure not everyone is aware of this
behavior and it could result in possible lost work.
  Is this really acceptable behavior ? I certainly have never witnessed
similar behavior in other windows applications.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message