POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : render window disappear in 3.1d Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  render window disappear in 3.1d (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Spider
Subject: render window disappear in 3.1d
Date: 2 Mar 1999 16:14:01
Message: <36DC5327.6780E790@bahnhof.se>
hi, I've had some trouble with the render window, it seems to disappear between
one render and another. It wasn't really fun to press the buttons and not having
the window reappear.(no disply settings hadn't changed between renders) There
also seems to be a problem with opening a png file in some situations. it is a
fairly big file, and I have done re-renders all the time. Can anyone confirm
this?

There also are some minor errors in the insert menu, this is in declarations of
heightfields and imagemaps, the file plasma3 is now a png, and is declared as a
gif in the insert. minor but irritating for a beginner.

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 02 Mar 1999 22:07:51 +0100, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:

>hi, I've had some trouble with the render window, it seems to disappear between
>one render and another. It wasn't really fun to press the buttons and not having
>the window reappear.(no disply settings hadn't changed between renders) There
>also seems to be a problem with opening a png file in some situations. it is a
>fairly big file, and I have done re-renders all the time. Can anyone confirm
>this?

Are you getting "Error in PNG file?" I have encountered this too. I
had 1500 frames of an animation in PNG format that I used to make a
motion blur effect, and sometimes POV would exit with this message.
Annoying for an overnight render (good thing I have long ago learned
to wake up to the change of sound of HDD thrashing :) )

>There also are some minor errors in the insert menu, this is in declarations of
>heightfields and imagemaps, the file plasma3 is now a png, and is declared as a
>gif in the insert. minor but irritating for a beginner.

Anyone else encountered the PNG problem?

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 02 Mar 1999 22:07:51 +0100, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:
>

> Are you getting "Error in PNG file?" I have encountered this too.
That's the one.