POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : render window disappear in 3.1d : Re: render window disappear in 3.1d Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render window disappear in 3.1d
From: Peter Popov
Date: 3 Mar 1999 00:07:34
Message: <36dec14d.1100392@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Mar 1999 22:07:51 +0100, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:

>hi, I've had some trouble with the render window, it seems to disappear between
>one render and another. It wasn't really fun to press the buttons and not having
>the window reappear.(no disply settings hadn't changed between renders) There
>also seems to be a problem with opening a png file in some situations. it is a
>fairly big file, and I have done re-renders all the time. Can anyone confirm
>this?

Are you getting "Error in PNG file?" I have encountered this too. I
had 1500 frames of an animation in PNG format that I used to make a
motion blur effect, and sometimes POV would exit with this message.
Annoying for an overnight render (good thing I have long ago learned
to wake up to the change of sound of HDD thrashing :) )

>There also are some minor errors in the insert menu, this is in declarations of
>heightfields and imagemaps, the file plasma3 is now a png, and is declared as a
>gif in the insert. minor but irritating for a beginner.

Anyone else encountered the PNG problem?

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700