POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Continuing a stopped render Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Continuing a stopped render (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: spidrman
Subject: Continuing a stopped render
Date: 18 Nov 1998 01:26:43
Message: <365268a3.0@news.povray.org>
I love being able to stop a long render, do something else, and then pick up
right where I left off. However today I ran into a problem. I tried to
"continue" a render job, but the option was no longer available. I had stopped
and started this job several times over the last few days because it is going
to take forever on my slow PC. What happened? Why did this option dissappear?
I restarte the render, stopped it, and there was the continue option again.
Did I play with too many other files in between?

Help!!

Thanks,

Michael

Post a reply to this message

> I love being able to stop a long render, do something else, and then pick up
> right where I left off. However today I ran into a problem. I tried to
> "continue" a render job, but the option was no longer available. I had stopped
> and started this job several times over the last few days because it is going
> to take forever on my slow PC. What happened? Why did this option dissappear?
> I restarte the render, stopped it, and there was the continue option again.
> Did I play with too many other files in between?

POVRay (for Windows) only remembers your last run. If you want to
continue a stopped render, click the Ini-button, type "+c" in the
"Command line options" edit and click "Render". It's that simple.

--
Phoenix - I wonder if I also have a warm personality...
eag### [at] telekabelnl                     http://users.telekabel.nl/eagle

Post a reply to this message

>> I love being able to stop a long render, do something else, and then pick up
>> right where I left off. However today I ran into a problem. I tried to
>> "continue" a render job, but the option was no longer available. I had
> stopped
>> and started this job several times over the last few days because it is going
>> to take forever on my slow PC. What happened? Why did this option dissappear?
>> I restarte the render, stopped it, and there was the continue option again.
>> Did I play with too many other files in between?
>
>POVRay (for Windows) only remembers your last run. If you want to
>continue a stopped render, click the Ini-button, type "+c" in the
>"Command line options" edit and click "Render". It's that simple.

Thanks!

Its been a while since I did anything with POVRay. I'm still getting a feel
for the basic stuff.