POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Does the editor properties dialog crash for you? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Does the editor properties dialog crash for you? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Barry Allyn
Subject: Does the editor properties dialog crash for you?
Date: 11 Feb 1999 02:25:35
Message: <01be558f$e53bac10$ef7581ce@angus>
Hello,

A member of the POVRay team has informed me that several customers have
reported crashing POVRay 3.1 when invoking the code editor properties
dialog (rclick then 'Properties', or Alt+Enter) and switching to the
'Keyboard' tab.

I have been unable to reproduce this, and have not heard anything from
non-POVRay users of CodeMax.

If you have experienced this crash, could you please respond to this
message with the following information?

1) Operating system version (e.g. Windows NT 4.0 SP3)
2) Keyboard language locale (set in Control Panel - keyboard settings)
3) What localized version of Windows are you running? (US? German? French?
etc)

I'd like to get this fixed immediately so the next version of POVRay will
not crash.

Thanks!

Barry Allyn, CodeMax author
WinMain Software

Post a reply to this message

> 1) Operating system version (e.g. Windows NT 4.0 SP3)

Windows 95 OSR2 and IE 4.01 SP1

> 2) Keyboard language locale (set in Control Panel - keyboard settings)

Language:                     Layout:
En English(United States)     United States 101

104 keys on keyboard (3 Windows keys) however the profile states PC/AT
Enhanced Keyboard 101/102 key.

> 3) What localized version of Windows are you running? (US? German? French?
> etc)

English (U.S.)

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV

Post a reply to this message

>> If you have experienced this crash, could you please respond to this
>> message with the following information?

>> 1) Operating system version (e.g. Windows NT 4.0 SP3)
>> 2) Keyboard language locale (set in Control Panel - keyboard settings)
>> 3) What localized version of Windows are you running? (US? German?
>>    French? etc)

  Hi, Barry. The following question might also help you.

4) Can you consistently repeat this bug/crash?

- Alan
"Do you expect me to talk?" - James Bond
"No, Mr. Bond... I expect you to die!" - Auric Goldfinger
                                         "Goldfinger" (1964)

> 1) Operating system version (e.g. Windows NT 4.0 SP3)
Windows 95 osr 2 +USB support

> 2) Keyboard language locale (set in Control Panel - keyboard settings)
Swedish 101+3

> 3) What localized version of Windows are you running?
swedish

Crash report :
PVENGINE.EXE caused fault #c0000005 in CMAX101.DLL at address
0137:10018ccd

To date, 1 fatal errors have been recorded in this program.  This
particular error was recorded 1 times.

Reported By:
CrashGuard v2.0.1

Report Date:
1999-01-23 17:59:11

WindowTitle:
Render Window

Last Message:
MSG("Misc", 0110, 00000000, 005D2BC4)

Program:
C:\GRAPHIC\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.1\BIN\PVENGINE.EXE
(10/05/98 01:13 - 1768448)

Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0137
EIP=10018ccd EFLGS=00010202
EBX=bff61681 SS=013f
ESP=0077f18c EBP=0077f1b8
ECX=00000010 DS=013f
ESI=00000f94 FS=32e7
EDX=0077f5fc ES=013f
EDI=00000001 GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 47 6c c1 f8 1e 50 68 04 04 00 00 56 ff d3 8b

Stack dump:
0077f1a0 0000820e 0077f1b8 0077f1ea bff73663 00000f94 00000110 00000000
005d2bc4 81e80d5f 0000013f 0077f1cc bff92894 36df820e 000036df 00000000

//Spider

Post a reply to this message