POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : I can see througt the display window on Ubuntu Server Time
29 Mar 2024 04:35:25 EDT (-0400)
  I can see througt the display window on Ubuntu (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: kissvcool
Subject: I can see througt the display window on Ubuntu
Date: 14 Dec 2012 11:30:01
Message: <web.50cb537b23e48f629f1e124f0@news.povray.org>
I have no idea where it comes from, I am a beginner but I have to use POV-Ray in
my C++ program. Does someone have an idea to fix this ?
I can't attach anything to this post so here is the image :
http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/images/59641_Capture_du_2012_12_14_17_15_51.png

The two round shadows are the display of the following image that I obtain in
the output file :
http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/images/30660_Capture_du_2012_12_14_17_22_18.png
I need to display what my program calculates, so I'm counting on the display
more than on the output file.

Here is my command line :
povray +P test1.pov

here is the POV file :
camera {
 location < -3.0, 3 , -3.0>
 up y
 look_at <0 ,0.2 ,0 > }

box {
 < -30.0 , -0.1 , -30.0 >,
 <  30.0 ,  0.0 , 30.0  >
 finish { ambient 0.0 diffuse 0.8 reflection 0.6 }
 pigment { color red 0.2 green 0.2 blue 0.3 }
}

light_source {
 <-10, 30, -40>
 color red 0.8 green 0.8 blue 0.8
}

sphere {
 <0 ,1 ,0 > , 1
 finish { ambient 0.0 diffuse 0.8 phong 0.0 }
 pigment { color red 1 green 1 blue 1 }
}

Post a reply to this message

Le 14/12/2012 17:27, kissvcool nous fit lire :
> I have no idea where it comes from, I am a beginner but I have to use POV-Ray in
> my C++ program. Does someone have an idea to fix this ?
> I can't attach anything to this post so here is the image :
> http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/images/59641_Capture_du_2012_12_14_17_15_51.png

It's seem it is povray 3.6.
Give a try to 3.7RC6 sources, it might have solved that X11 handling
already.

> The two round shadows are the display of the following image that I obtain in
> the output file :
> http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/images/30660_Capture_du_2012_12_14_17_22_18.png
> I need to display what my program calculates, so I'm counting on the display
> more than on the output file.

Once rendered, you can display the rendered image with your usual tool.
(eog, display, ...)

Post a reply to this message