POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Limit command line output? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:33:28 EDT (-0400)
  Limit command line output? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Stuart
Subject: Limit command line output?
Date: 9 Mar 2005 14:25:00
Message: <web.422f4d2fc376a837da6dd1c90@news.povray.org>
Just wondering if there is a way to limit the output of a povray command.
When I run the povray command via the command line it spits out lots of
output while it renders. I'm just wondering if there is a switch to turn
this off? I tried -V but that didn't do anything and I can't seem to find
any subcommand which will. Any help would be appreciated.

Stuart

Post a reply to this message

If you wanted to turn everything out, try appending > /dev/null - I find
that's very effective. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Just wondering if there is a way to limit the output of a povray command.
> When I run the povray command via the command line it spits out lots of
> output while it renders. I'm just wondering if there is a switch to turn
> this off? I tried -V but that didn't do anything and I can't seem to find
> any subcommand which will. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Stuart

Never thought I'd have to say this, but ...rtfm :-)

try: povray -d

In other words turn off the display switch.

Doctor John

---
Run Fast
Run Free