POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : return code with unix version 3.6 Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:32:30 EDT (-0400)
  return code with unix version 3.6 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: gRRosminet
Subject: return code with unix version 3.6
Date: 12 Aug 2004 11:55:00
Message: <web.411b91f08c6d3b957f0f34330@news.povray.org>
Hi, Thierry.  povray.bugreports is now moderated.  Subsequently, only
articles of verifiable bugs will be posted to this group - it is not a
discussion group.  Please read article in the
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions group entitled, "Bug
reporting".

  Basically, we would like you to post your report of a possible bug
on the news server in the povray.unix group, where it will be open to
discussion and investigation by your fellow POV-Ray enthusiasts.  Part
of tracking down possible bugs is determining whether or not it can be
reproduced on other platforms.  Please do still read the mentioned
article from the previous paragraph.

  Thank you for your participation at news.povray.org.

regards,
--
povray.bugreports group moderator
bug### [at] povrayorg

On Mon,  2 Aug 2004 10:15:02 EDT, you wrote:

>When the parsing/rendering fails (ie : error in scene parsing) the return
>code is allways 0 as if the rendering was completed successifully.
>
>Povray should return something different like it did whith pov 3.5 and like
>every other applications running on UNIX.
>

>Moreover, when parsing fails, rendering statistics are displayed. Perhaps it
>is not a bug, but taking a look at the source code shows that this two bugs
>are linked.
>

>Thanks for your hard work
>Thierry

Post a reply to this message

>>When the parsing/rendering fails (ie : error in scene parsing) the return
>>code is allways 0 as if the rendering was completed successifully.

This is already known. See thread
  "UNIX POVRay does not exit with failure on error"
in p.programming.

Wolfgang