POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Unix debugging expertise needed Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:45:03 EDT (-0400)
  Unix debugging expertise needed (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: clipka
Subject: Unix debugging expertise needed
Date: 18 Nov 2016 08:44:24
Message: <582f05b8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

can someone with access to Ubuntu _12.04_ please have a look at this
POV-Ray branch (a pending pull request), see if the binaries crap out on
their machine as well (complaining about "pure virtual method called"
and some stuff about pthread, boost and mutex), and if so, figure out why:

https://github.com/eblanca/povray

Your help would be much appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

> can someone with access to Ubuntu _12.04_ please have a look at this
> POV-Ray branch (a pending pull request), see if the binaries crap out on
> their machine as well (complaining about "pure virtual method called"
> and some stuff about pthread, boost and mutex), and if so, figure out why:
>
> https://github.com/eblanca/povray
>
> Your help would be much appreciated.

Can do, have to wait till Monday (guess where it is)

Post a reply to this message

Le 19/11/2016 à 12:11, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> Le 18/11/2016 à 14:44, clipka a écrit :
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> can someone with access to Ubuntu _12.04_ please have a look at this
>> POV-Ray branch (a pending pull request), see if the binaries crap out on
>> their machine as well (complaining about "pure virtual method called"
>> and some stuff about pthread, boost and mutex), and if so, figure out why:
>>
>> https://github.com/eblanca/povray
>>
>> Your help would be much appreciated.
>>

> Can do, have to wait till Monday (guess where it is)

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's working, at least with -D option:
* ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
* g++ 4.6(.3)
* 64 bits system (x86_64)

-D is due to my local setting (X11 remote display is not setup to allow
this machine to display on my screen)

With +D (or default), I got a core dumped. (but it seems unrelated to
that branch and might be a problem for all branches)

With DISPLAY not defined, it's strange: there is an ascii preview, then
statistic and the telnet/shell is frozen. (yet, probably still the same
for all branches)

unix/povray --benchmark : ok
unix/povray with small scene (3.7, 1 sphere) : ok

Post a reply to this message

> can someone with access to Ubuntu _12.04_ please have a look at this
> POV-Ray branch (a pending pull request), see if the binaries crap out on
> their machine as well (complaining about "pure virtual method called"
> and some stuff about pthread, boost and mutex), and if so, figure out why:
>
> https://github.com/eblanca/povray
>
> Your help would be much appreciated.

No access to Ubuntu 12.04, but it does run just fine on Debian/testing and
FreeBSD.

Post a reply to this message