POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X11 colours for POV Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:33:48 EDT (-0400)
  X11 colours for POV (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jr
Subject: X11 colours for POV
Date: 31 Aug 2016 13:48:24
Message: <57c71868$1@news.povray.org>
hi,

I wanted to use some of the system colour names in a recent project,
so wrote a script which "translates" to POV's syntax, creating an
include file that can be used standalone, or included after the
regular 'colors.inc'.  then, in true amateur fashion, I went over
the top and wrote a second script to get a html page to list (and
compare common) colours.

hoping that other Linux users might find this useful, I've attached
an archive containing everything, including a small README.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ccharts.tar' (20 KB)

> I wanted to use some of the system colour names in a recent project,
> so wrote a script which "translates" to POV's syntax, creating an
> include file that can be used standalone, or included after the
> regular 'colors.inc'.  then, in true amateur fashion, I went over
> the top and wrote a second script to get a html page to list (and
> compare common) colours.
>
> hoping that other Linux users might find this useful, I've attached
> an archive containing everything, including a small README.
>
> regards, jr.

I rendered. Very useful work. Now i know the X11 colors. I'll put the
"colours_x11.inc" in some of my pov's path. Thanks you very much.
--
Hugo R. Giulietti <hug### [at] gmailcom>