POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Any live-DVD distros containing PoV-Ray 3.6 (or even 3.7)? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:07:06 EDT (-0400)
  Any live-DVD distros containing PoV-Ray 3.6 (or even 3.7)? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: Any live-DVD distros containing PoV-Ray 3.6 (or even 3.7)?
Date: 11 Mar 2012 18:43:06
Message: <4f5d2a7a@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

I still have no access to the internet except via an old laptop (only
256 MiB RAM), my 1.25 GiB Linux machine has a glitch on its mainboard so
that I cannot connect to the Internet.

Until now I ran Debian aptosid on this computer, but with the Internet
connection broken down, I'm not able to maintain this distro by using
apt-get anymore. Now I'm desperately looking for downloadable live DVD
distros containing at least PoV-Ray 3.6... I tried OpenSuSe 12.1, but
all attempts to install it failed because of lacking graphics adapter
support (no KDE).

Now are there such distros? The download file should be smaller than 2
GiB, as I have to transfer it on a USB stick to the Linux computer...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message